Frequently Asked Questions

1.      How do I know if my child needs counselling?

               Warning signs that your child may need therapy support include:

                    Persistent feelings of sadness or hopelessness

                    Constant anger and a tendency to overreact to situations

                    Persistent worry, anxiety, or fearfulness

                    Loss of interest in activities that were once enjoyed

                    Sudden unexplained drop in performance at school

                    Change in patterns of sleeping or eating

                    Reclusiveness, preferring to be alone rather than in the company of family or friends

                    An inability to concentrate, think clearly, or make decisions

2.     What is your confidentiality policy?

               Confidentiality is taken very seriously (both child and adult). All interactions and

               personal information you share in counselling will be kept confidential and continues

               after the end of the counselling relationship.

               There are, however, some exceptions including:

                         If a child is or may be at risk of abuse or neglect, or in need of protection

                         If a therapist believes that you or another person is at clear risk of imminent


                         When legal requirements demand that confidential material be revealed

3.     Is counselling covered by MSP?

               Counselling or psychotherapy is not coverered by MSP in British Columbia. Many

               extended health plans cover counselling services. It is recommended that you

               consult your provider to confirm coverage levels.

4.     What is the cost?

               I charge an hourly fee for counselling. Please feel free to contact me to enquire.

               I am happy to offer a sliding scale to those who qualify. I accept cash, cheque or

               e-transfer. Payment is expected at the time of service unless other arrangements

               have been made. I will issue you a receipt for tax purposes and health plan


5.     How do I get started?

               Reach out and contact me by phone or email. I’d love to find out what I can help

               you with.

Call 604-908-3173 or email me at

         for a free 20 minute consultation