• Play Therapy
Play is the language of children and it offers a way to access their world - play and toys become their words. My playroom is a safe place where children have the freedom to explore and learn who they are. It is a child-centered space where children are given permission and control to work through issues they may have by playing. The therapeutic relationship offers children time and unconditional acceptance, providing them the opportunity to take full responsibility for their attitudes, behaviour and emotional growth.
My playroom also offers opportunities for children to express themselves through art, music and sandtray.
Play therapy helps children with:
• Self confidence/self esteem
• Self regulation
• Grief and loss
• Problem solving
• Other Interventions
I may also use cognitive behaviour treatment (CBT), mindfulness, nature,
bibliotherapy and attachment approaches to help children to deepen their
connection with themselves, their parents and families.
Situations I help children with include:
• Treatment to deal with anxiety
• Learning relaxation and skills to cope with stress and worry
• Developing tools to deal with sadness and loss
• Emphasis on positive emotions and reduction of anger
• Emphasis on growth mindset
• Tweaking social skills and teaching communication
• Increasing assertiveness
• Help with adjusting to parental divorce or separation
• Skills to cope with life changes such as blended/step
and single parent families
• Skills to help cope with friend/peer situations
• School issues
Children can change the world.
Contact me today to talk
I’d love to find out how I can help your child. Email me to set up a time for a free 20-minute consultation.